Hello lovely people!
I’m pleased to announce that I have been nominated for the Liebster award! I want to express my heartfelt thanks to Marsa Alam Desert Retreat for nominating me. It is an honor to receive such a compliment from a fellow blogger.
To Marsa Alam Desert Retreat congratulations on a well-deserved nomination for the Liebster Award. I urge all to visit Marsa Alam Desert Retreat for a blog full of inspiration, spirituality, and healing.
So, what is the Liebster Award?
The Liebster Award (Liebster meaning sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing and welcome) provides new bloggers with the opportunity of discovery, as well as to support and connect with the community of bloggers. Bloggers nominate fellow bloggers with this recognition. Frankly, there are so many great blogs nominated which makes me feel happy not to be the one to choose a winner. In my opinion, just putting ourselves out there in a blog makes us all a winner.
Liebster official rules
Here are the official rules to follow for 2018:
- Thank the person who nominated you and put a link to their blog on your blog.
- Display the award on your blog.
- For the 2018 Liebster Award, write a small post about what makes you passionate about blog posting.
- Provide 10 random facts about yourself. (optional).
- Nominate 5 – 11 blogs.
- List these rules in your post.
- Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the
- Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post or to THEGLOBALAUSSIE.COM
So Here It Goes!
I began writing eleven years ago after the death of my son. It was a way to cope with my grief. I found that when I posted my journals on Facebook my friends and family were very supportive and encouraged me to continue writing for others. Many shared my posts directly with others going through the same grieving process as I was. Thus I began a grieve/spiritual blog. That was the start of my writing which helped me gain the confidence to continue.
Once I decided to travel, I wanted to share my experience and encourage others to travel as well. When I can share my outlook in life with others and receive validation that in some way, I made a positive impact on someone, it means the world to me. And, for the time being, I want to continue to be a positive influence on others. Thus my passion for writing increased. It really does make me happy.
10 Random Facts About Me
1. I’m an introvert but only when meeting new people. After the first encounter, I’m great at developing the friendship.
2. I’m a grieving mother. My oldest son died in a pedestrian accident when he was 20.
3. I’m a healer. I do laying on of hands healing.
4. I wrote a book about grief.
5. I don’t watch TV – not even the News.
6. I’m into crystals and minerals. I love the energy they discharge.
7. I meditate a lot. I also pray but my belief is that when I pray I talk to God and when I meditate I listen to God.
8. I love nature and therefore prefer the country more than the city.
9. I love traveling and learning about the different cultures. I find it fascinating.
10. I’ll taste anything just as long as you don’t tell me what it is until after I taste it.
Here are questions to me from Marsa Alam Desert Retreat
1. What is your favorite time of the year?
My favorite time of the year is Fall (Autumn). I love that it is not so hot nor cold thus allowing me to spend more time outdoors. I love the changing colors of leaves. I love the unique aroma of autumn – kind of like pumpkin spice – at least for me.
2. Are you the sunrise or the sunset in people’s lives?
That’s a difficult one because I feel I can be either one. Sunrise because I always tend to look for the positive in every aspect of life. When others come to me with a problem I can see the positive of the situation and let them know. My motto is “turn it around.” Look for something good in it. There’s always something good. I relate it to the sunrise because when the person looks for the good in their difficult situation, it brings them hope, light and they rise to the occasion as the sun does.
Sunset because I am a peaceful, calm person. I prefer to maintain the peace amongst all and not worry about things we cannot control. I constantly hear from many that entering my home is peaceful and relaxing to them. And, I’ve heard the same at work. I’ve been blessed to have family, friends, and acquaintances seek me for guidance and tell me that I have given them the hope and peace they needed. I relate this to the sunset because it is the time when the day is winding down and tranquility sets in.
3. If you were to write a book about yourself what would the title be?
If I were to write a book about myself the title would be, “My Journey to Peace and Self-Discovery Through Troubled Times and Grief.”
4. If you were a superhero, which power would you like to have?
If I were a superhero, the power that I’d like to have is to tap into people’s mind. Not for any personal gain nor to command anyone to do as I wish. On the contrary. I’d like to have this power to help people see their own ability to change their lives for the better. To help them discover their full potential and reach a higher level of awareness and consciousness. To help them awaken to all the things they can do if only they set their minds to it. To become a happy, peaceful person, and to help them understand that everything is possible if they can just believe. It’s all within us.
5. What does happiness mean for you?
Happiness to me is the key to a healthy life. Gratefulness plays an important role in our happiness. Being grateful for what we have will only bring us more things to be grateful for thus making us happy. When we are happy, we vibrate positive energy and vibrating positive energy relieves us of discord and anger. The more positive energy we vibrate into the world, the more happiness will be spread.
6. What emoji best describes your personality?
7. If you could use someone else’s brain for the day whose would you choose?
If I could use someone else’s brain for the day I would use Stephen Hawkins brain. As one of the most intelligent people in the world, I’m sure I’d be able to do a lot in one day that, hopefully, would stick with me after I returned to my brain the next day. 😊
8. What would you do with your last £5 (or$5)?
With my last $5 I would buy seeds to plant and harvest edibles. This will be an investment that will generate a sustainable living which will, in turn, help me as well as others in need of a job or food.
9. If money was no object where would you travel in the world?
If money was no object I’d travel to Europe and do the Way of St. James pilgrimage (Camino de Santiago) beginning at Saint Jean Pied de Port in France through Spain and ending at Santiago de Compostela Cathedral in Galicia (about 500 miles or 804 kilometers).
10. Name your best holiday experience, by that I mean relaxing, adventure or something else?
My best holiday experience ever was when we traveled to Spain. We rented a tiny Fiat 500 and traveled 3000 miles (4828.032 kilometers) in 13 days stopping everywhere and anywhere. Taking in the beautiful landscape and roaming freely throughout the beautiful cobblestone streets of many medieval cities. It was the most serene and soulful adventure.
11. If you could learn a different language in a day which would you choose and why?
If I could learn a different language in a day which would I choose and why, hmm, I need to think about this one.
You see, I know two of the most commonly used languages in the world which are English and Spanish. There are many countries that speak English already, either as a second language or primary one. With Spanish, I’ve realized that I can easily understand and communicate with those who speak Portuguese as there are many similarities just as long as they speak slowly. The same goes for Italian. Every time we’ve visited Italy, we’ve been able to get by with our Spanish. They understand us and we understand Italian and the communication flows easily. When it comes to French, there are a few similarities – not as many as Portuguese and Italian – but plenty to be able to get by.
With that said, I think I would prefer to learn Chinese. Many years ago I read an article that stated Chinese as the #1 language most spoken in the world followed by Spanish and English. I’m not sure if it continues to be the same now but if it is, then knowing the top three languages spoken in the world is the best because being able to communicate with others around the world would allow me to understand other cultures, cultivate long-lasting friendships and enjoy life more.
My Liebster Award Nominees
Wow, I’ve subscribed and read to so many great blogs that it seems difficult for me to choose just 10 or 11 to nominate. But since I cannot nominate them all, here are my nominees in alphabetical order:
- Enlightened Beings
- Happiness Between Tails by DA-AL
- Head Full of Dreams
- Inside Travellers Shoes
- Miraculous Smile
- Rolandomio Travel
Questions to My Nominees
1. If you have the chance to do whatever you want in this world what would you do?
2. Place the following in order of preference and explain why you chose that order: Career, Family, Love, Religion/Spiritual Views
3. You are given the opportunity to go back in time (as far back as you like), what time period would you go back to and why?
4. What movie can you say relates to your life?
5. Do you prefer hot sunny days; windy rainy days or cold snowy days?
6. What tree can you say describes you?
7. If you had to move to another country, which one would you choose to move to and why?
8. If you had the chance to be an animal (domesticated or not) for a day, which would you choose and why?
9. If dogs could talk do you think they would still be man’s best friend?
10. What would you say was the most difficult time in your life?
Well, that’s it! Best of luck to all nominees!
A heartfelt thanks to visitors, followers, and subscribers for your support. Without you, blogging would not be fun.